What does positive thinking, autosuggestion and visualization have to do with your business ?
- October 24, 2019
- Posted by: Chris McMullan
- Category: Business Development, Mindset
“Life is à natural growth process, so are our achievements.” Achille Kombat
At wEquipu, we believe that human growth is similar to business growth stages. Any business started with an idea, as we all know. For the intention to grow, principles applied to humans apply to your business. You are the driving force of your business.
In this blog, we will cover:
- What happens when you achieved a goal?
- The impact of positive thinking
- Autosuggestion techniques and exercise
- Visualization techniques and exercise
What happens when you achieve your goals? What comes next?
It would be best if you rewarded yourself and your team each time a target is reached. The action will not only train your mind to associate hard work with reward but will develop loyalty and morale among your team members.
Ask yourself where the next step of the ladder is once you’ve reached a target. Can you improve upon the mark you just achieved? Is there any way you can stretch yourself and your team, or challenge yourself more? Make it a habit of setting a new, higher goal each time you achieve one. Doing so will lay a solid foundation for consistent personal and professional development and business growth.
It would help if you reframe your thinking before you set goals to allow you to support yourself and your efforts in your journey.
We’ve all heard about the power of intention. The keystone to achieving great things lies in how strong your belief is in yourself and your ability to be successful. Positive self-talk is part of a greater concept in neuroscience. It has a powerful impact on our realities. The practice and development of positive thinking and self-talk is an important part of your business journey. You can control your reality, and consequently, the outcome of your goals if you program a positive stream of thoughts into your mind. It is easy to find that you have a stream of negative thoughts continually running through your mind when you set out to practice positive self-talk techniques like Autosuggestion and visualization. It is okay – that is part of the process. Your focus is to redirect each negative statement that flows through your mind.
For example, each time you hear or say to yourself, “I’ll never be able to accomplish this…” or “I’m bad at public speaking…” take a moment to correct the thought into a positive affirmation statement. Instead, say, “I will do the best I can to accomplish this project,” or “I will get myself some training and become a better public speaker.” Positive self-talk, similar to the power of the tongue, means getting rid of the negative thoughts that run through our mind regularly – some that we may not even hear!
- That’s impossible.
- Don’t even bother.
- It’s done already.
- We tried that, and it didn’t work.
- I am too young.
- I am too old.
- I’ll never get there.
- I’ll never get that done.
- I can’t do that.
Give yourself a better shot at achieving the goals you set; Autosuggestion is a kind of positive self-talk that you can use to improve your performance in all areas of your life.
The constant stream of thoughts and judgments and beliefs can be overcome with the technique of Autosuggestion that harnesses the power of your internal dialogue and uses it for positive affirmations. Very often, this involves changing negative beliefs and perceptions that we learned from different sources: our parents, friends, partners, and experiences. You can practice Autosuggestion anywhere, and at any time. In a stressful situation, like a presentation or meeting with a customer, it is especially relieving to take 10 to 15 minutes practicing Autosuggestion. Just sit quietly, breathe deeply, and focus on allowing yourself to be open to the thoughts and ideas you are about to engage in yourself. When ready, repeat positive affirmations about yourself and the future results of a goal or intention or event.
Positive Autosuggestions examples include and not limited to:
- I will be great at the sales presentation and convert this prospect!
- I have the capacity to be a positive person!
- I totally deserve the success that I have accomplished!
- I am giving my best as much as I can!
- I will give the best in my relationship!
- I will have all the resources I need to excel on my exam!
Follow this helpful guide for your autosuggestion practice.
- Tell yourself things you will believe in and feel. Linking suggestions to emotion increases their potency.
- This is about working to develop a good relationship with yourself. So, talk to yourself like you would to a person close to you. Use a calm, respectful, and gentle tone of voice.
- Position your suggestions positively and avoid negatives like “not,” “less,” “won’t,” “don’t,” and “can’t.”
- To reflect the acceptance of being “in progress,” use the progressive form of the present tense. Instead of saying, “I am…” say, “I am becoming..” The mind is tricky and may have an easier time accepting the statement.
- Repetition is the key to mastery. Find a way to give the statement strength, power, and meaning each time you repeat a suggestion.
Now, complement Autosuggestion with visualization to harnesses the power of your mind’s eye to accomplish your goals.
Successful people use visualization, another mind tool, to program their brains for success. It’s merely visualizing in your mind how something is going to happen or play out on a repeated basis. Visualization is commonly used in sports and religious training and has been proven to improve performance better than just practice alone. Anyone can use the technique and generate the same results on performance and outcome. The attraction principle is just when we visualize an event or situation, or an object or possession, we attract it into our life.
Own this step-by-step visualization practice.
To start, you have to be open and willing to accept whatever outcome may present itself. Your visualization should be done with a relaxed and positive attitude,
- Look for a quiet space and sit comfortably. It can be in your office, home, or in nature.
- Select an outcome or intention to focus on during the process.
- Put your entire body in relaxation mode by taking several long deep breaths.
- Turn into your inner voice that we all have and connect to the feeling that you truly believe this goal or intention.
- Begin to visualize in a play the achievement of that goal, or realization of your intention.
- Using all five senses, create a clear and detailed mental picture.
- Give yourself permission to feel your belief when you have achieved your goal, and how much you desire to reach that goal.
- Close your practice with a positive affirmation about the result or outcome of your goal or intention.
- Now comes the repetition of this process at least once per day for about 10 minutes at a different time of the day.
Influential positive people have the strength to create powerful positive change in their lives and the lives of those around them.
You are an influential, positive person! Successful individuals have no secrets – they’re just disciplined, determined, focused people who have set goals and programmed their brains to think positively and big. Now your turn to spend the next few days working on your autosuggestion and visualization skills if you never thought about this in your business. It will look and feel a little silly at first, but we promise that these powerful psychological tools will retrain your brain for the success you are looking to achieve.
Devoted To Your Business Growth